Monday, June 27, 2011

Father's Day

I am an extremely lucky girl.  I am surrounded by fantastic dads.

My dad...I just don't think I can write about how I feel about him without crying.  I'm a bit of a Daddy's Girl.  I admire the heck out of him.  His father passed away when he was young.  My dad not only supported his household, but he took care of his mother and different-abled sister.  He worked like a dog in a physically demanding job, and often did without so that his girls (wife included) could go shopping and have things they wanted and needed.  I rarely heard him complain, and I don't remember him taking too many sick days in his whole work life since I was around.  He is kind, laid back, hilarious, loving, and giving.  Not only does he love me & my sister, he ADORES Amelia and Julian.  Watching him as a Grandfather takes my love for my father to a different level.

Alex is the best dad.  I always hoped that the man I married would be as great of a dad to our kids as my dad was to me.  Alex has met and exceeded that goal.  He is wrapped around Amelia's little finger.  His eyes light up when she's around.  He was fantastic during her birth, and I would NOT have made it through Amelia's newborn phase without him.  He has never complained about changing diapers, and I would even go so far as to say that he was a better, more natural parent to Amelia when she was a newborn than I was.  Alex is so in love with Julian, and I can tell there is a pride he feels when looking at his son.  His first concern is taking care of the kids and me.  There isn't anything that he wouldn't do for us.  And he's a fun dad!  He likes to take the kids places, and do activities with them.  He's very hands on, and I love it (so do the kids!).  Alex is an amazing dad, and I constantly stand in awe of how much he loves all of us.  I love to sit back and watch him interact with Amelia & Julian.  I love Alex so much, and could not parent without him.  I hope he feels the love that his family has for him.

Wow, that was mushy!  :)  I hope both of the dads had a great Father's Day.  Alex really wants a weight bench, so as soon as he picks one out, that will be his gift.  Julian & Amelia gave him an iTunes card, and a framed picture of their hand prints.  We spent the rest of the day at my parent's.  We gave my dad a Cabela's gift card, and had a really nice dinner.  I had fun, and I hope they did too.

 Kissy

The best dad 

 Julian in a hat

With Daddy - Julian's expression is hilarious! 

Put that hat back on! 

...or take it off & run away! 

 Maxin' & relaxin'

My view of the backseat...on the way to Grandma & Grandpa's. 

Talking on Skype with Babcia & Dzia Dzia

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails