Wednesday, September 3, 2008

PROGRESS!

My due date is exactly one month from today! I had my 36-week check up this morning...

The baby's head is down and I'm 1 cm dilated, 50% effaced!!!!!! I know it doesn't mean anything until labor actually starts, and lots of women walk around dilated for weeks, but it's a big deal to me! It means my body is doing exactly what it should be doing and this baby will be here soon.

Everything looks good. The baby's heartbeat sounds good, and the doctor thinks I'm doing well. The baby is measuring right on track, so we're hoping for a 7-8 pound baby.

On the downside, I am extremely uncomfortable. Because of the baby's position, walking is really difficult. And I'm just plain tired. So, this Friday is my last day of work. I promised Alex and my bosses that I would stop working when my body told me to. It's time for me to relax and prepare for this baby.

Stay tuned...my next appointment is a week from today. We'll see if I've made any more progress!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails