Saturday, April 12, 2008

Guessing the gender...

Everyone who knows me is aware of the fact that I'm pretty good at predicting the sex of babies. Darn good. Like I've been right 9 out of 10 times so far. Sometimes it's just a feeling I get, other times I have a dream...either way, it's a gift.

I've been really hesitant to share my prediction for my own child for a few reasons. The main reason is because I could very well be wrong this time. It would just make sense that I'd be good at predicting every baby EXCEPT my own baby's gender! But so what if I'm wrong? I am going to announce my prediction...

At first, I *thought* (notice there is a distinction between *thinking* and *feeling*) I was having a girl. No good reason other than my cousin just had a boy, and life would just be too perfect if I had a boy too so that she could pass his clothes on to me! Murphy's Law...it just COULDN'T work for me, I'm not that lucky.

It seems everyone else thinks I'm having a boy...my mom, my cousin, my aunt, ALEX. I started to think that I really could be having a boy. Boys mean fishing, sports, dump trucks, and dirt! What's not to love about that? And it'd be really cool for me and my cousin's sons to be so close in age (like we are) and grow up together.

The Old Wives Tales offer no help! I didn't have bad morning sickness, so I must be having a boy. I've been cursed with pregnancy acne, so it's a girl. I'm preferring salty foods, so it's a boy. I'm carrying low and wide, so I'm having a girl. They can't all be right!!! We even tried the ring on a chain above my belly trick. First is swung side to side (boy) and then it swung in circles (girl). All I know is we either have a boy or a girl in there.

Let me make it abundantly clear that I do not PREFER one gender over the other. I am thrilled to have a baby, and would be equally excited with a boy or a girl.

Having said that, I *feel* I'm having a girl. I really can't explain it. I just feel it. I've had baby dreams throughout my pregnancy, and they all involved gender-less babies. Well, I'm sure they were either a boy or a girl, I just didn't know which in my dreams. Last night I had my first gender-specific dream...and it was a doozy. It was as if my baby was telling me, "Hey mom, this is a clue!" I was in the ultrasound room with our doctor (and it really WAS my doctor) and she was looking for "the goods." And then I saw it, very clearly, on the ultrasound monitor. I saw my baby's crotch, and there were girl parts! In my dream, I said, "I'm having a girl!"

So there it is. My prediction is that I'm having a girl. I may be right, I may be wrong...we'll find out on May 12th. Either way, son or daughter, I love my baby.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails