Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Nursery

For those of you who don't know, we're in the process of hunting for our first house. It's been a frustrating process. Because I can't actually work on the nursery until we move, I've been doing some nursery planning. A LOT of planning. I have the basic theme, and a ton of ideas.

Paint colors - I'm liking these different greens and am having a hard time deciding which one is the winner:

Aurora Borealis - Martha Stewart

Lemongrass - Martha Stewart

Lemon Ice - Martha Stewart

Bedding & Decor:

Alex & I immediately fell in love with this bedding set - Migi Little Tree. It's gender neutral, but would be easy to "girl-up" or "boy-down" once the baby comes home. Most gender neutral bedding has either monkeys, giraffes, or elephants and we're just not feeling those animals...especially if it ends up being a girl. But who doesn't love birds?!?


Migi Little Tree - browns, greens, blues and oranges - DIVINE!



Close-up of the mobile. I LOVE the little birdies!



Vinyl wall decals from Etsy. We can change the colors.



Laundry hamper - Babies R Us





Reclining Glider that I am OBSESSED with! Newco Sunny Swivel Reclining Glider in Chocolate Micro Suede. I borrowed a glider from my aunt when Amelia was born and HATED it. I spent so much time in that chair (in the middle of the night, during the day, etc.) feeding Amelia and desperately wished that it reclined so that I could get more comfortable. When I found this chair, I knew that I had to have it - a glider that RECLINES! Now I just have to justify the $cost$.

Rugs:
This is the hardest part of my nursery planning. I can't find a rug that I love. I will probably just end up getting a solid rug in either brown or tan. These are a few rugs that caught my eye, though (all from Walmart.com).

This one might have a little too much going on.



This one is more understated.




I think this is my favorite.


*SIGH* As fun as it is to plan, it would be so much more fun to actually put together this little baby's room. I can't wait until I can do it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails