Tuesday, January 25, 2011

30 Weeks

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Oh, excuse me. That was just a slight panic attack. I'm now 30 weeks pregnant. *Deep breath, remain calm* I think any "normal" pregnant woman would begin to start to feel the crunch at around this point in time. Since Amelia was born @36 weeks (which would be 6 weeks from now), I am freaking out! Even though all the signs point to very slim chances of this baby coming that early, I can't shut my brain off from trying to prepare for a 36 week delivery. Does that make sense?

I am now going to the OB every other week (I start every week appointments at 36 weeks, if I make it that far - see?!? I can't help it.). At my appointment yesterday, everything looked great. I feel pretty OK. I tried looking through my posts from when I was pregnant with Amelia to compare, and I found one I wrote at 30 weeks. (click on the link if you care to read) Interesting.

I can say that even though some of the things I'm feeling are similar, there are a LOT of differences. Major differences:

* I carried Amelia low the whole pregnancy. I felt like she was going to fall out all the time (sorry, but I did). It hurt to sit, walk, and raise my leg (especially my right one, for some reason). I am carrying this baby HIGH. Hello, completely different aches and pains! I get short of breath and constantly feel like my ribcage and lungs are being squished.

* When I hit 31 weeks with Amelia, I FELT different. I felt like something was going on. Every time I saw the doctor past that point, I told her that I felt like my body was getting ready to go into labor. Of course I'm not 31 weeks yet, but I definitely don't feel any different at this point. At least, not like I did last time.

I guess this is just me trying to convince myself that I'm normal, and that I'm having a normal pregnancy, and that I shouldn't worry so much about delivering early. Did I convince YOU? I'm still not so convinced.




Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 30 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby #2 is (still) the size of a squash!

Maternity Clothes: I'm about 99% all in maternity clothes.

Gender: Not finding out!

Movement: Moving and shaking all over the place. :)


Sleep: Eh, I've been getting up a lot to pee. Some nights I get lucky and have a 3-4 hour stretch of solid sleep and it's GLORIOUS!

What I miss: Sleeping on my tummy, not waddling when I walk, being able to walk without a shooting pain in my butt, being able to bend over, being able to breathe while sitting.

Cravings: OMG, the craving for chocolate is insane! I've always been a chocolate lover, but the craving I get for anything chocolate-y lately is indescribable. SERIOUSLY.


Symptoms: Some BH contractions, sciatic nerve pain, back pain, peeing every 5 minutes, occasional heartburn...comes with the territory.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails