Thursday, February 3, 2011

31 and 34!

Monday was quite a day! Not only did I hit the 31-week mark in my pregnancy, but it was my birthday. I turned 34. Eh, just a number. :) Oh, and we saw the beginning of a "major" snow and ice storm. Alex & I had planned on meeting up for dinner to celebrate my birthday, but the weather kind of "iced" on my parade. This isn't the 1st time Old Man Winter has ruined my birthday plans. I kindly direct my loyal readers to this story - the 1982 blizzard. It was my 5th birthday and no one could come to my birthday party because of the blizzard. Is there anything worse than no one showing up to your birthday party for a little kid? Maybe Christmas being cancelled.

Have no fear - we will celebrate my birthday this weekend! :) We've just about dug out from the snow and ice (definitely had more ice than snow), so nothing can stop us now. Er, maybe I shouldn't tempt fate. :)

So, without further ado, I give you my weekly pregnancy update. [No pics this week]



Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: 31 Weeks


Size of baby: Baby #2 is (still) the size of a squash!


Maternity Clothes:
I'm about 99% all in maternity clothes.


Gender: Not finding out!


Movement: This kiddo is a pusher! :) S/he likes to push my belly in all different places...I definitely look like I have a little alien in there.



Sleep: What's sleep?!? My hips have started to hurt (I'm not complaining - I started feeling this discomfort almost immediately when I was pregnant with Amelia, so I'm happy to have made it this far without it!). I've been getting up a lot to pee. Some nights I get lucky and have a 3-4 hour stretch of solid sleep and it's GLORIOUS!


What I miss: Sleeping on my tummy, not waddling when I walk, being able to walk without a shooting pain in my butt, being able to bend over, being able to breathe while sitting.


Cravings: Still craving chocolate like crazy! Otherwise, my appetite seems to have calmed down quite a bit. I'm not ravenously hungry every 2 hours.



Symptoms: Some BH contractions, sciatic nerve pain, back pain, peeing every 5 minutes, occasional heartburn...comes with the territory.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails