Monday, March 7, 2011

36 weeks!?!

Well, I'm 36 weeks pregnant. It seems like I *just* wrote my 35 week post...time is FLYING by.

I had my 36-week appointment this morning. Now I see Dr. K every Monday until I have a baby! This was actually an eventful appointment.

I'm measuring 37 weeks and the baby's heart rate was 157 - all good. I'm "a loose 1 cm" dilated, so we're calling it 1.5 cm. :) No effacement, but I'm soft. She couldn't tell if the head was down, so we did an ultrasound. SCORE! I hadn't had one of those since 19 weeks. It was great to see the baby again. Baby's head IS down. Dr. K said that it's UNLIKELY that the baby would flip out of position, but that it COULD happen. For now, baby is in position. :)

Overall it was a great appointment! She said everything looked great - that I looked like a "normal" 36-week pregnant woman. That's music to my ears! She acknowledged that I'm entering foreign territory now - I've never actually been too far past this point. It's hard for me to tell if what I'm feeling is normal. I know there are no guarantees, but it's really looking like I will have a full-term baby this time!

All I know is that I am not having a baby today...and that's a good thing!




Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along:
36 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby #2 is still the size of a honeydew!

Maternity Clothes: I'm about 99% all in maternity clothes. The non-maternity clothes I fit into are the ones I wore pre-Weight Watchers.

Gender: Not finding out!

Movement: A lot of pushing and stomach distorting going on right now!

Sleep: What's sleep?!? My hips have started to hurt & I've been getting up a lot to pee. Some nights I have a 3-4 hour stretch of solid sleep. I used to think that was great, but now I am so SORE when I wake up from sleeeping in the same position for so long that I think I'd rather get up every 1-2 hours to pee.

What I miss: Sleeping on my tummy, not waddling when I walk, being able to walk without a shooting pain in my butt, being able to bend over, being able to breathe while sitting. Oh and I can officially add putting on my own socks & shoes - this has now become Alex's job!

Cravings: Brownies with chocolate frosting! And Taco Bell. Otherwise, my appetite seems to have calmed down quite a bit. I'm not ravenously hungry every 2 hours.

Symptoms: Contractions, sciatic nerve pain, back pain, peeing every 5 minutes, occasional heartburn, slight swelling, pressure down low...I'm really starting to feel uncomfortable.

1 comment:

Rau Family said...

What a cute shirt Jennifer. Good luck with the rest of the weeks. hope baby keeps cooperating!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails