Friday, March 25, 2011

Life with 2

We've been a family of 4 for almost 2 weeks now. It's been a little challenging, but definitely do-able. Most of the challenges were things we weren't expecting - all 4 of us sleeping in the same room at my parent's house, closing and moving into our first house with a newborn, Amelia loving Julian so much that she doesn't want him to sleep, etc.




We were "prepared" (OK, maybe expected is a better word) for sleepless nights. We thought we'd deal with some jealousy issues. We weren't sure how we would juggle 2 kids.



Honestly, we're dealing with the things we expected quite well. No, I'm not giving us enough credit - we're dealing with EVERYTHING quite well. Let's face it. We've been through a lot over the past (almost) 2 weeks. Having a baby, buying a house, moving - these are all stressful situations in and of themselves. Doing them at the same time = INSANE!!!




We have had so much help from my parents and from Alex's mom. Thank God for them. I'm still hormonal so I won't expand on how grateful we are to have their help...I'll be a sobbing mess!




Overall, life is good. I love my family of 4. We feel complete. Amelia is such a great big sister. Her first thought in the morning is of Julian. She always wants to see what he's doing (sleeping), and wants to share her toys with him. I keep telling her that Julian will be more fun in a few months.



For now, we are trying to get settled in every sense of the word.




Pictures of my cuties:




Visiting at the hospital


Touching the baby


She loved the bed!


Burping



Cuddles from Daddy



Snug as a bug in a rug



At home



The 1 and only time Julian laid in the Pack 'n' Play




Watching a movie



Snuggle



Playing outside



Bubbles!



Catching bubbles


This is Daddy "bouncing" Amelia - step away from the baby!



Squishy cuddly baby

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails