Friday, March 11, 2011

Big Day for me...

Today is a big day for me. I am 36w4d pregnant. It's not a milestone according to anyone else, but today I am the most pregnant I've ever been.
Amelia was born at 36w3d. You can read her birth story here. As much as I'd like to say that it hadn't been weighing heavy on my heart and mind throughout this pregnancy, it had been. Even though she was a late-term preemie, Amelia was still born premature. Even though she wasn't born with many of the complications that other preemies were, Amelia still had issues related to prematurity. We were extremely lucky with how it all turned out. Having had one premature baby, I was at increased risk of having another. I worried about not only making it to term, but also about just how early I might deliver this time.
Eventually I just came to peace with the idea that I COULD have another premature baby. It was, and still is for a few days, a real possibility. But every day I stay pregnant is a good day.
So today I am still pregnant. Monday marks the "full-term" point. I can't wait! I joked with Alex that this baby will probably end up being one we'll have to evict...wouldn't that just take the cake?!? Worry for 37 weeks about having a preemie, and have to induce at 41 weeks. I will gladly accept that.
I am not walking this year, but please donate to the March of Dimes through their March for Babies campaign. I can't think of a better cause to fight for - give babies a chance at life and help to end premature birth.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails