Monday, November 22, 2010

21 Weeks!

How did this happen? [Not the pregnancy, I quite know how that happened, thank you very much!] How did I get to be 21 weeks along already? *Sigh* It seems like when I was pregnant with Amelia, time dragged on. Maybe I don't mean to say "dragged". I enjoyed my pregnancy with Amelia. I loved nearly every moment of carrying her, and bonding with her in only a way that I could. What I mean is that I felt like I was pregnant for an (enjoyable) eternity! This time, I feel like I barely have time to really stew in the fact that we will be going from a family of 3 to a family of 4 in 18-ish weeks! Do 2nd (or 3rd, etc.) pregnancies normally go by this fast?!?

I have no complaints. Once again, I am enjoying this pregnancy. I love when Amelia "interacts" with the baby. I love feeling this child wiggle and give me love taps. I even enjoy eating like a frat boy (boy, it's going to be hard to go back to Weight Watchers...but it will be necessary!). I even enjoy the way I look this time around. Instead of looking chubby and bloated, I look kind of cute (in my humble opinion).

There are just SO MANY THINGS TO DO!!! We haven't bought a single thing for this child. Nothing. Not a stitch of clothing, not even a book. I did start a wish list on Babies R Us of things that I need to buy before this Easter Egg arrives, so I guess that's something. We still have to find a house, BUY a house, MOVE into said house, unpack and get the kids' (plural - YIKES!) rooms set up, and get the baby stuff situated. I am determined not to be taken by surprise by this baby like I was with Amelia. IF this child comes 4 weeks early, I plan to already be settled in our new place. [PLEASE LET THIS CHILD STAY IN UNTIL ABOUT 38 WEEKS!!!]

As you can see, I have a few things on my mind. :)

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 21 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby #2 is the size of a banana!

Maternity Clothes: Pants are maternity, but I can still wear some non-maternity shirts and sweaters...for now. Non-maternity tops are starting to get a little short on the belly, so I might be retiring those soon.

Gender: Not finding out!

Movement: This baby is moving all around. Super active time seems to be around 8:30 pm, after Amelia goes to bed.

Sleep: Eh, this is hit or miss. The problem I'm having lately is the inability to fall back asleep for 2-3 hours when I get up to pee in the middle of the night.

What I miss: Sleeping on my tummy, not waddling when I walk, being able to walk without a shooting pain in my butt.

Cravings: Food. Lots of it.

Symptoms: Normal pregnancy stuff.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails